Thursday, August 28, 2008

Two Embarrassing Things That Happened to Me Today

I don't know why but I feel compelled to share my embarrassments with the world (wide web, that is). I hope you get a laugh, or at least a giggle.

1. I fell into someone's lap when I failed to hold on or sit in time before the bus started driving after I boarded. What can I say... the whole "riding on the bus" thing is pretty unfamiliar for me.

2. I had to jump back on the curb when I almost got run down by a car because I was looking the wrong direction. (In case you aren't aware, they drive on the opposite side of the road here in S'pore than in the U.S.)
YES, I realize I should have been looking both ways,
which I actually kind of did, but apparently I didn't look hard enough the right way. At least in London they have arrows/signage to remind you which way to look for traffic. No such luck here. I've got to be more careful because this one had the potential to be more than just embarrassing.

I'm sure there will be many more "embarrassing moments" to share some time soon. Feel free to share your own in the comments. :-D

3 comments:

  1. Yikes! I think the "wrong way" driving would be very DANGEROUS for me! Yikes! Luckily nothing serious happened. Whew.
    I grew up on Mexican public transportation and have had the lap thing and other more embarrassing incidents happen :D
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starlene,

    oh boy, be careful!! I can't think of anything embarrassing at this moment, but I know I have plenty of stories...just got to think of some!

    it was so nice to hear your voice yesterday!!

    talk to you soon,
    love, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be waiting to hear about those embarrassing moments, girls. :-)

    ReplyDelete