Monday, January 19, 2009

Wild Wild Wet!

We went to a birthday party for a classmate of Elly's this weekend. It was at a waterpark called Wild Wild Wet. Get it? Like wild, wild west. I wish I had taken a swimsuit to join in the fun. Lately it's been quite windy here so I thought I'd be cold but, turns out Saturday was a perfect day. Oh well. I think I'm going to buy annual passes for us because it's so cheap and it would also give us admission to a theme park with rides and bumper cars and such. Wet Wet Wild isn't as big as Raging Waters and the Escape Theme Park, I'm sure, is a far cry from what we're used to (Knott's and Disneyland) but it'd still be fun. (Oh, how I miss going to D-land any time we wanted.) Only drawback is these places are on the opposite end of Singapore so it takes over an hour to get there if we take the MRT and bus. Still worth it though, I think.

Here's some photos of the girls:
GG hamming it up

Elly being mellow

This isn't the greatest photo but I like it because it shows that sometimes GG and Elly actually get along and work together. GG (blue vest) is getting the tube for Elly and helping her get in.

2 comments:

  1. looks like a lot of fun! I'm having trouble with Amie and Rand getting along. Kevin came up with the idea of making them share a room to force the issue, but I am not too sure if that is a solution. Lately I have had to ban them from talking at all in the car, just to stop the bickering..ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh... I wonder what's going on with them. Maybe their ages? I'm sorry to hear they aren't getting along well lately. I hope it is getting better. I don't know if making them share rooms would help or make it worse. Big bummer about having to ban them from talking in the car. While GG and Elly are far from being BFF, I am seeing more and more endearing moments between the two of them. There's still plenty of the other type of moments to balance it out but I am thankful for the increasing frequency of the good ones. I hope soon Rand and Amie will be back to their normal selves.

    ReplyDelete