Monday, January 12, 2009

What's going on here

I said I'd blog more but it's been almost a week already. Where does the time go? Thanks to Jenny for reminding me to get blogging. I really didn't realize it'd been so long. I don't know how time moves so quickly these days.

I'm not promising any *interesting* blog posts. But I hope I don't bore you to tears, either. Here is an update on what's been going on with us.

Those last 3 posts I wrote while sitting beside the pool, watching the girls swim. (I LOVE the weather here!! Not many places where you can hang out next to the pool all year round.) Here is the sum of activities we have done since then --
*went to Elly's friend's condo for lunch and playtime
*went out to eat too many times (I'd be embarrassed if I said)
*hung out at home - almost unfinished packing from trip to London, did laundry, cleaned (ugh!), let girls play on barbie.com, etc.
*sent Gander off to Sydney, Australia with hugs and kisses
*spent almost all of Sunday at church - service (1 1/2 hrs.), girls joined Awana (2 hrs.) and choir (1+ hours)

Exciting. I know.

Now that Gander is away, I was able to enjoy sleeping with the entire bed to myself and with the air conditioner turned OFF!! He always has to have the air conditioner on the whole night so I normally sleep with the covers pulled up to my chin. I am now able to sprawl out and sweat as much as I please. So... I'm not saying I like having Gander gone but it does have some positives (or at least 1).

The girls had their first day back at school today. I'm enjoying the quiet and peace!!!!


"What's going on here" To Be Continued in the next post

1 comment: