Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year's Resolutions and a glimpse into my crazy mind

It's been many years since I've made New Year's resolutions. Actually, I can't even remember the last time I made resolutions. All I can remember is thinking: "Why bother? It's not like I'll actually keep them. If I really had the will-power to make a self-improvement, then I wouldn't wait for the start of a new year to do it." My other problem with resolutions is something I consider a personality defect - - if I feel like I HAVE to do something, then I'll fight against it even if I logically recognize the benefit(s). I really, really hate being forced to do things or even feeling like I'm trapped into doing something. (Then again, maybe that's NOT a personality defect; maybe that's just part of being human.)

This year though, I decided to make two resolutions. They are pretty simple and I am going to be relaxed about them. I reserve the right to break them (because if I don't, then I'll feel the need to break them just so I don't feel like I have to keep them). [See the mind games I play with myself?]

Without further ado, here are my resolutions for the year of 2009 (btw, how can it possibly be 2009?) ----
1. Smile more
2. Blog more

I'll explain "why?" in upcoming posts.

2 comments:

  1. I found an appropriate and applicable quote for you:

    "As a countenance is made beautiful by the soul's shining through it, so the world is beautiful by the shining through it of God."

    Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom. That's a really neat quote. :-)

    ReplyDelete