Saturday, October 25, 2008

22 prescriptions and $471 later...


















It's been a little over a week since an unwelcome visitor invaded our home.

Elly caught the flu at school and brought it home where every single one of us joined her in her misery. And misery it truly was. At one point I seriously considered going to the emergency room. I don't know if this is the worst flu I've ever had, but, if it was not, it was pretty close. Even Gander missed four days of work. And that says something because Gander rarely gets sick and when he does, it usually doesn't make him miss work. The girls missed school all week. We stayed in bed for almost the entire week. It was not fun, to say the least.

I seem to be the only one left who is still struggling but hopefully I'll be back to normal soon.

I understand this is a normal part of adjusting to life somewhere new, with new germs and strains of disease that our bodies aren't used to. I hope this is the end of our "germ-related welcome."

4 comments:

  1. oh gosh Starlene, I am so sorry for you guys!

    I hope you are back to 100% soon.

    sending cyber hugs, good thoughts and prayers your way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for a quick recovery. It's so hard when the whole family gets hit with a bug.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Looks like you guys got it early and hard... I've heard there might be some strong ones this year. I hope you get back to "normal" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eric & Starlene,GREAT STUFF!!! I'm never home either Eric!Looks like you guys are adjusting,and the girls are going to have lots of great memories!Hey!how do we get to your new place?Take care and love to all of you John&Kathy

    ReplyDelete