Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What I like about Singapore, Part 1

In an effort to focus on positives and minimize negatives, I wanted to share with you a few of the things I've found that I like about Singapore. So this post and a few more after it will be just that.

Of course, this isn't everything I like about Singapore. I don't want to sound like I don't like it here; I do. I just miss home and despite liking it here, I could spend way too much time thinking about what I miss. So instead... I'll think about what I have here that I didn't have at home. So here we go!

The rain.
Today is a beautiful, not too sunny, breezy day. It rained for about an hour or so this morning, reminding me how much I love the rain. I believe it really makes the weather here much nicer. I liked the rain before coming here but, being so close to the equator now, I realize how much of a blessing the rain it.

We walked outside to go to the school bus and it actually felt cool this morning. It wasn't like walking into a sauna. For about 5 days before this, there had been very little rain so it felt hotter and more humid than normal (or at least what I think is normal, given that I've only been here about a month and a half). The heat doesn't bother me so much as the humidity.

In any case, I love when it rains (which it does quite often).

No comments:

Post a Comment