Saturday, June 28, 2008

The post where I introduce my blog

It was about 1 month ago my husband and I traveled across the Pacific Ocean and set foot on the continent of Asia for the first time ever. Now we are preparing to move there for "who knows ?" how long. We're surrounded by piles and boxes of "stuff" and I am sweeping up miniature mountains of dust bunnies that have collected under/behind our furniture and belongings during the eleven years we've lived in the same home. My nose is stuffy and my eyes are itchy from all the dust. But in about two weeks our house will be completely empty and all of our belongings (with the exception of a few suitcases and their contents) will be either in storage, donated, or ready to ship to Singapore.

Since we made the decision to relocate from Southern California to Singapore, I've had so many people tell me things like, "You'll have to stay in touch. We'd love to hear about your experiences and what it's like in Singapore." I thought this blog would be the best way to let people join in our adventure, in a sense. I'll share about the experience of moving and, when we get there, you can read (and hopefully see plenty of pictures) that will show you what our new life is like. I'll be the crazy American walking around Singapore snapping photos like a tourist -- and all so you can "join me."

So I hope you'll enjoy hearing about everything. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you're here. I'd love to visit your blog in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment