Saturday, June 28, 2008

The post where I explain why

Why did we decide to leave the only place in the world we've ever lived and drag our two daughters away from the only home they've ever known? Pretty much it boils down to 1 giant thing and 2 big things.

#1- Faith - We recognize that God has always led us and helped us grow in Him when we follow. We have put all of this in God's hands and He has been the one that worked out the details. We're trusting that this opportunity comes from Him.

#2- Adventure! I've never thought of myself as the adventurous type. Definitely, Gander, my husband is an adventurer but NOT me.) I can't blame this on him, though. He's not dragging along his unwilling wife and children. Well, maybe one of the children is unwilling but I'm not. I'm excited (and nervous)! I know this is going to be a MAJOR change and it's not going to be easy but, WOW! How many people in North America ever have the opportunity to travel to Asia much less live there? How many families get to develop a wider view and understanding of the world and cultures through first-hand experience? We're leaving our bubble and going to see what's out there for ourselves.

#3- It's called "career advancement." Gander will be working directly for the president of the Asia-Pacific region of his company. He'll get international exposure and gain experience and skill sets beyond what he could get if he stayed in North America. It would be an understatement to say that Gander is an optimist and a dreamer but, even this, I don't know if he ever dreamed of an experience like this. I am so proud of him and I know he is going to do an amazing job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment