Monday, July 20, 2009

My Baby Is Now 6 Years Old


I'm trying to come up with something more original to say then "It's hard to believe..." but I have no other words. It's just that simple -- it's hard to believe my baby is already 6 years old. Lately Elly has been telling me she wants me to have another baby so that she won't be the youngest in the family. She doesn't like to be the "baby." But she is. She'll always be, no matter how old she gets. But, of course, that's not an original statement either, I know. I suppose a commonly experienced motherly emotion calls for a common phrase to express it.

About 10 days ago Elly turned 6 years old. I took Elly and GG to the water park "Wild Wild Wet" to celebrate (just us girls). We went on all the rides/attractions Elly was big enough for. We had a blast floating down the "Shiok River," riding the waves in the "Tsunami," playing on the playground and slides, and "white water rafting" on the Ular-Lah. The next day, we headed back for more with Daddy this time for Elly's birthday party. Because many of Elly's friends are away for the summer, the group of kids was small. Even so, we had a nice group of kids and parents and a great time celebrating Elly's special day. She had cupcakes with cocktail umbrellas on top (Elly's idea for an added decorational touch).

All these photos are from my friend, Jane. Thanks for being our photographer, Jane!



3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful party! Happy birthday to the sweet little birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lauren! I can't believe it either that she's 6 already. It looks like your water park party was a great hit. Love the umbrellas on the cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe she is 6 either!! Glad she had such a happy Birthday!

    I love, love the great family photo of you guys!

    ReplyDelete